The Beat of the Beatles and More
Celebrate the sounds of Liverpool and Manchester on this two-centre tour of Northern England’s musical heritage. In Manchester, the tour takes you on a historical journey through popular music of the world’s first industrial city – from the ‘Broadsheet Ballads’ of the 19th Century, music hall of the 1940s inspired by the GIs during WW2, to Manchester’s more recent music scene of Oasis and the Hacienda. Discover how the radical thought and politics of the world’s first industrial city weaves into the popular music of the 19th and 20th century from the cotton mills to the music halls.
In Liverpool, discover the city which was home to the Beatles – visit the homes where John Lennon and Paul McCartney grew up, take a Magical Mystery Tour around the places associated with John, Paul, George and Ringo and discover how Liverpool’s long trading history and the influences of the Cold War influenced the 20th century’s most iconic music.
- Enjoy a two city expedition which celebrates the rich seam of musical creativity which has flowed from the northern cities of Manchester and Liverpool.
- Trace the evolution of a rich and diverse musical heritage from the rhythms of the cotton mills, the global influences of the ports, and the passions of radical politics and protest songs.
- Culminating in the stories some of the world’s most influential bands – The Beatles and Oasis.
Want to know more?
- Discover more tours – take a look at our inspiring Telling the Stories of England brochure.
- Get in touch with us using the Enquire Now button.
- Telephone our team on +44 1629 700648 or US Toll Free 1-844-221-3366